At meetings on Monday, members unanimously confirmed that Thursday’s strike should go ahead. The first and most important thing we ask all support staff to do is not go to work.
We’d love it if you could come along to our picket lines in the morning – this will help keep morale high and show the University we are serious!
Pickets will run from 4:45am until 11am (with the rally and food at the train station to follow).
If you start / want to picket before 7:30am…
Go to the best entrance for you out of these options:
- Grange road (by pavilion/starbucks & pedestrian entrance by the rugby pitches)
- University station
- Opposite Multi-storey car park (spur road, off Pritchatts road)
After 7:30am the pickets will be in full swing….
Go to these entrances to be with strikers from your department!
- COSS, other corporate services – East gate (by the guild). designated quiet picket
- Catering staff, MDS, Security – University station
- Library staff, PPT, Accommodation – North gate (head for the big iron gate leading to the Green Heart to start with)
- EPS, LES, Estates, Sport – South, by the Sports centre
- Cleaning staff (after 7:30 starters), CAL – Grange road pedestrian entrance
Hot drinks and food will be available, particularly for anyone who needs to leave before the rally and lunch!
At 11am we will start to head over to the station for our rally – due to start at 11:30am, with lunch afterwards at 12pm (at the latest).
There will be other stuff going on such as crafts and music.
Members – keep an eye out for texts / WhatsApp messages for all of the news!